Day 43: Completion of Phase 2 - Zodiac FX connected to multiple controllers

In previous article, we discussed how to tackle DoS attacks on the controller initiated by the switch. We also saw the HAProxy configuration for the same. It is time for implementation now!!!

In today's article, I have also given a video on how the network will be working by the end of the setup. To ensure that the Zodiac FX switch is contacting multiple controllers in case one of them fail, we can just configure the controller IP address on the Zodiac FX switch as the load balancer IP address. When I was going through few articles yesterday, I realized that there are many sorts of load balancing mechanisms. I was trying to do the DNS load balancing mechanism thus far. But after understanding the article, I realized that a server-side load balancer would be better for my scenario. And the only change I made to the setup already built to convert it into a server-side load balancer was changing the controller IP address on switch to 10.0.0.5.

Although the architecture is working fine now when I perform a DoS attack, we shall look into the same tomorrow by trying out various test cases. You can refer to my GitHub page for the configuration files for HAProxy.






Refer to the previous and next posts here.

Author: Shravanya
Co-Author: Swati

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 12: Master Slave SDN Controller Architecture

Day 50: Tcpreplay and tcpliveplay approach

Day 10: Mininet Simulation of a basic distributed SDN controller architeture